Tuesday, April 09, 2013

20 years of Popery and counting ...

I forgot to mention here that Holy Wednesday was the 20th anniversary of my reception into the Church back in 1993 by a wonderful African-American priest of Madagascan ancestry, Fr. Wilbur N. Thomas (now Rector of the Basilica of St. Lawrence in Asheville, NC). It has been a journey down roads full of unwanted pot holes and many surprises, but a journey I never once regretted. It has been one of the single most important decisions of my life.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Philip,

Congratulations on such a wonderful anniversary. I will observe my 19th anniversary on All Saints' Day this year.

I find myself thanking God frequently for His many gifts: my life, my Catholic faith, my wife and our children, the sacraments and, most recently, the Traditional form of the Mass and the sacraments.

God bless,

Chris

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. I don’t remember the exact date but I returned in either August or September 1989. I too can say “It has been a journey down roads full of unwanted pot holes and many surprises, but a journey I never once regretted.”

Pax et bonum,
Donna

Mick Jagger Gathers No Mosque said...

Dear Dr. Congratulations on the happy occasion. Now, if only more converts were on your quality...

Deo volente said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Thanks also for your poignant blog, and comments!

D.v.

Ralph Roister-Doister said...

Congratulations, PP, I hope your students have the sense to heed your example, which is that of a man who has been tried out and found true. That is a doofus-poetic way of saying that you are a good egg and I hope the mushheads appreciate it.