Friday, July 28, 2006

Off to Oxford for 8 days ...

I leave this evening for Oxford, England, for 8 days, and expect to be back, Deo volente, August 5th. (Jon, if you read this, I've not forgotten your birthday on the 4th, you rascal!) Please keep me and my family in your prayers as I travel and must be apart from them during this time, which is always a hardship. I will be delivering a paper at a conference on the respective roles of religion and the state in university education. I will be addressing the challenges as well as the benefits of religiously-affiliated university and college schools such as one finds in Catholic higher education -- referencing, among other sources, Newman, John Paul II, as well as some relatively recent articles by Nicholas Wolterstorff, one of my erstwhile professors, in Academe, the Bulletin of the American Association of University Professors. Keep the Blogville fires burning!

No comments: